Central Hudson Gas & Electric Director - IT PMO in Poughkeepsie, New York
Director - IT PMO
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What is a Director – IT PMO?
Reporting to the CIO/CTO, the Director of the IT Project Management Office is responsible for the oversight of IT Project Lifecycle processes and PMO staff. The Director must be able to think and act in the wider context and interests of the IT Group and Central Hudson as a whole. The Director will work very closely with the Director – IT Business Office.
What does a Director – IT PMO do?
The Director of the IT Project Management Office is responsible for the following:
- Supervise and develop a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts that will meet the organization’s growing need for PMO skills
- Advise Project Sponsors, Project Managers, and project teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches in a fast-paced environment
- Work with IT and business leaders to compile resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Develop positive relationships and enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training. Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and advocate for best practices in project management
- Own and maintain the Company’s IT Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool
- Lead the weekly IT PMO meetings with all Project Managers
Financial Strength & Risk Management
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Monitor project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and act to correct any adverse variances
- Contribute to overall profitability of Central Hudson by monitoring all areas of project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations
- Advise Project Managers in incorporating strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design
What does it take to be a Director – IT PMO?
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field)and 5 years of related PMO experience including supervision. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree and 10 years of related PMO experience including supervision.
- Proven Project Manager, PMO Analyst/Coordinator experience and knowledge of principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills and the ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree (in aforementioned fields) Experience in Energy & Utilities or services industry
- Experience with a co-sourced environment
- Experience with PPM tools, Planview (formerly Innotas)
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP, CAPM, PRINCE2)
Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Employment Duration: Full Time