Avangrid Senior RFP Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Senior RFP AnalystApply now »
Start application with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Date:Jan 29, 2021
Location:Portland, OR, US
Job Purpose Statement:
The Sr. RFP Analyst is associated with the Capex Management team within the Projects department. The Analyst position shall provide critical analytical support to the group with the primary responsibility for the coordination, submittal and management of requests for proposals for procurement of equipment and services associated with renewable energy projects.
(1) Support development and construction of all Avangrid Renewables onshore wind, solar, battery storage and repowering projects.
(2) Coordinate assembly, distribution and review of RFP documents which include specifications, bid documents, bid evaluations and technical reviews.
(3) Monitor and report activity in the marketplace that may impact decisions made by the engineering and construction teams in procurement, construction and operation of renewable energy projects.
(4) Follow all relevant internal controls and recommend new controls as needed.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
(1) The desired candidate will be able to provide new perspectives/approaches on existing tasks/solutions, work independently in a self directed manner, and actively work to foster good working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
(2) Experience in RFP processes – coordination of technical and commercial information to provide clear and concise direction to bidders.
(3) Ability to manage and prioritize workload effectively.
(4) Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate with people at all levels of the organization and to deal with third parties, equipment suppliers, consultants and contractors.
(5) Develop effective business relationships with equipment suppliers and consultants / contractors.
(6) Excellent oral communication, report writing and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate abstract and technical concepts to various audiences (colleagues, senior management, vendors, suppliers).
(7) Preference for experience in RFP processes in the renewable energy business sector.
(8) Strong analytical skills, ability to solve abstract problems with limited information, attention to organization and detail.
(9) Well-developed computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and programs used to analyze large data sets and develop PowerPoint presentation.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables