Portland General Electric Senior Network Systems Administrator in Portland, Oregon
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: decarbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
This is a limited duration position that may last 6 months to 3 years .
Portland General Electric is looking for an experienced individual to serve as Network Administrator for our new Advanced Distribution Management System. Along with diverse systems experience, this individual should have the ability to work independently as well as part of a group. If you’re excited about the chance to be part of a dynamic team focused on enabling the clean energy future our customers want and the planet needs, we want to talk to you!
PGE is charting a course to the clean energy future our customers desire and deserve. An upcoming milestone on this journey is the implementation of an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), which will enable us to monitor and control our distribution grid in real-time. PGE is among the first utilities in the U.S. to adopt this new technology and is implementing the first of a five-phase program that will integrate D-SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS), and other applications to optimize two-way power flows, support customer generation and smart home devices, micro-grids and more.
When you join PGE, you’ll become part of a collaborative team currently focused on implementing ADMS. You will receive comprehensive on-the-job training and become part of the climate change solution.
The ADMS will allow PGE to:
· Increase visibility and control of the distribution network
· Improve service reliability and reduce the number of sustained outages
· Enable higher penetrations of Distributed Energy Resources
Initially, this role will be based at PGE’s downtown Portland location. In early 2022, the System Control Center will move to PGE’s Tualatin-based Integrated Operations Center, a new state-of-the-art facility, which centralizes key operations and functions in buildings designed for enhanced resilience against seismic, cyber and physical security risks. This role will help enable increased IT/OT convergence by bringing expertise in data center networking solutions to provide a reliable, secure network supporting connections with other networks, control centers, and field devices. Senior level experience with Cisco networking devices is required. Experience with Cisco Firepower, CyberArk, RSA, BlueCat, and other network technologies is strongly preferred.
The responsibilities could include:
· Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for network support. Makes a significant contribution to the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of network problems. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
· Creates and maintains network plans for own area of responsibility, contributes to setting service level agreements and plans the infrastructure necessary to provide the network services to meet such agreements.
· Produces outline system designs and specifications and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organization. Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls. Assesses associated risks and specifies recovery routines and contingency procedures. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
· Evaluates new system software, reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Ensures that system software is tailored to facilitate the achievement of service objectives. Plans the installation and testing of new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Ensures that operational documentation for system software is fit for purpose and current. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
· Takes responsibility for installation projects, providing effective team leadership, including information flow to and from the customer during project work. Develops and implements quality plans and method statements. Monitors the effectiveness of installations and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made.
· Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Investigates escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Analyzes causes of incidents and informs service owners in order to minimize probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement. Analyzes metrics and reports on performance of incident management process.
· Collects and collates evidence as part of a formally conducted and planned review of activities, processes, products or services. Examines records as part of specified testing strategies for evidence of compliance with management directives or the identification of abnormal occurrences. Collects information in support of submittal of compliance documentation to the relevant regulatory authorities.
We are looking for someone who has a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Typically, eight or more years of relevant voice, video, data, security or collaborative services experience. Documented training or professional certifications preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
At Portland General Electric, we’re innovators, builders, and achievers. We’re committed to powering our customers’ potential and making a difference for our community and the planet. Today, that commitment includes developing an intelligent and resilient electric grid, electrifying transportation and de-carbonizing the energy sector.
We’re proud to deliver an exceptional experience to help our customers thrive. Our mission is to make clean, reliable and affordable energy services available to all. We obsess over serving customers and are committed to growing employee career paths with purpose. Equity and inclusion are core business values; we celebrate our differences and are committed to developing teams that reflect the communities we serve.