Avangrid Senior Fleet Improvement Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Senior Fleet Improvement Engineer
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Portland, OR, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
This individual will be responsible for the long-term reliability and lifetime extension of Wind Turbines, with a specific focus on the aerodynamic components.
• Develop and implement strategies to optimize the operations, maintenance, and performance Avangrid’s Wind Turbine in matters related to blades and pitch system components.
• Support Avangrid’s operational fleet on technical issues related to blades, both from an aerodynamic and structural perspective, and pitch systems, both hydraulic and electrical. Investigate failures associated with these components, recommend and support the implementation of corrective measures.
• Organize and lead projects related to areas of technical responsibility. Design and carry out experiments to gather information and utilize software tools to analyze data, quantify behavior and discern trends.
• Visit generating plants and suppliers as required to investigate issues first hand.
• Develop documentation such as Scopes of Work, Procedures, and Technical Specifications necessary to carry out the implementation of design and process modifications.
• Provide regular communication to internal stakeholders on current progress and future activities in the above areas.
• Manage relationships with original equipment manufacturers and service providers to ensure quality and compliance with contractual obligations.
• Identify, qualify, and manage external professionals and consultants.
• Provide guidance and instruction to wind farm Operations and Maintenance personnel on the functionality and maintenance of wind turbine components.
• Review and evaluate technical reports (e.g. related to failure analysis and design modifications) from wind turbine and component manufacturers.
• Create and deliver comprehensive presentations and reports for distribution to internal and external stakeholders.
• Represent Avangrid at industry forums and working groups.
Skills and Requirements
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5 years’ experience in the Wind industry
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, CAD, and reporting systems
• Experience with instrumentation, measurement systems, and data analysis
• Possession of comprehensive writing skills for upwards reporting.
• Ability to lead technical discussions with wind turbine and component manufacturers
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to read and interpret hydraulic and electrical schematics
• Demonstrated record of superior academic and professional performance
• Ability to work well under pressure of job demands, multi-tasking ability essential
• Capability to climb 100 meter steel towers
• Flexibility to travel (10% - 20%)
• Experience with data analytics and computer programming
• Ability to write and understand Spanish
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com