Avangrid Lead Full Stack Web Developer in Portland, Maine
Lead Full Stack Web DeveloperApply now »
Start application with LinkedIn
- Apply Now
Date:Mar 14, 2020
Location:Portland, ME, USHOUSTON, TX, US
Iberdrola’s newly created Retail e-Solutions organization is seeking talented candidates who are passionate about innovation, green energy and delivering smart customer solutions. We are seeking self-driven, passionate and ambitious individuals to join our fast paced, dynamic organization. Now is the best time to join our company and grow your career with us.
JOB SUMMARY (primary responsibilities, what is the role accountable for):
This position of Lead Full Stack Developer sits within the Digital function of our retail business.
We’re looking for a passionate Lead Full Stack Developer that recognizes the need to write clean, maintainable, scalable and well tested code alongside likeminded Engineers moving in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be working in a small cross functional product squad alongside Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and UX Designers.
Your objectives will vary based on your squad; however, you will work in a highly Agile environment with a clear vision and roadmap driven by our dedicated Product Owners.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (scope of work, list of tasks/responsibilities, describe primary relationships/works with):
• Be able to take on scrum master duties as required.
• Work within agile sprints to delivery high quality code to meet business requirements
• Work with the principle of automation through continuous delivery pipelines to ensure code released to production works as expected
• Deliver testing scripts to test delivery of code and regression of platform
• Up to speed on both client and server-side frameworks and modern development practices
• Ensuring that the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our applications are always maintained with every change made
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplined team to define, design, and ship new features
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or other relevant field of study
• At least 5 years’ experience in Software Development.
We seek a collaborative and hardworking Developer who is willing to push boundaries to deliver innovative solutions utilizing the latest technologies. Team members must be open, sharing and enjoy challenging the norm.
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
• Have experience in building and deploying micro-services
• Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
• Jenkins experience of similar CICD toolkit
• Experience of writing unit/integration tests
• React and redux
• Modern HTML, CSS
• Comfortable with using relational databases
• Comfortable in building RESTful APIs
• Familiarity with versioning tools (E.g. Git or SVN)
• Comfortable working on a codebase with other developers
• Java 8
• Spring Boot
• Comfortable with using Docker and Kubernetes
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.