Avangrid Cable Splicer 2/C (1/C Acceptable) - Portland, ME in Portland, Maine
Cable Splicer 2/C (1/C Acceptable) - Portland, ME
Company: CENTRAL MAINE POWER CO
Portland, ME, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
POSITION: Cable Splicer 2/C (1/C Acceptable) - Portland, ME (13147)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Portland Serv Building
A Cable Splicer is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply the fundamentals of electricity and are sensitive to the hazards involved in this discipline. They ensure the safety and reliability of the underground electric system. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform the operation, maintenance, and construction of the underground electric system. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with employees, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
• To install and maintain conduits, ducts, cables, transformers, and associated equipment in vaults, manholes and on structures.• To splice or repair distribution and/or transmission cables of all voltages and to install potheads, splice boxes, and allied accessories.• To inspect and test cables and associated equipment of the underground system, locate faults and make repairs, as required.• To have a thorough knowledge of the distribution and/or transmission plant in the assigned area with respect to sources of feed, location of switches, and other equipment, including connections to the overhead system.• To read and interpret the necessary sketches, diagrams, and graphic presentations and to work therefrom; prepare all necessary records and diagrams.• To know and work with the tools, instruments and equipment of the trade.• To assist in the training and direction of employees in lower rated classifications.• To have a thorough knowledge of the Company’s operating standards, policies, and directives pertaining to the assignment.• To perform other appropriate duties as directed
Skills and Requirements
• Must be a qualified Cable Splicer 2/C or Line Worker 2/C
• Must have a Class II driver's license and a good record of safe driving
• Must be in good physical condition.
• Is subject to the Company random drug and alcohol testing policy.
• Must be able to obtain any permits/licenses for working in the Cable and Underground Department.
• Must reside within an acceptable distance from headquarters and be available for emergency assignments.
• Must be familiar with and practice Company safety policies and procedures.
• Must be able to perform all the essential functions of the classification.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org