NextEra Energy Sales Engineer, National & Key Accounts in Port St Lucie, Florida
Sales Engineer, National & Key Accounts
Date:Nov 16, 2018
Primary Location:Port St Lucie, FL, US, 34986
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29899
Florida City Gas is part of a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. We serve approximately 108,000 residential and commercial natural gas customers in Florida’s Miami-Dade, Brevard, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. Join our team today.
Position Specific Description As a Sales Engineer with our Natural Gas team, you will be responsible for learning and developing new and emerging natural gas utilization equipment technology. You will interface with major and key account commercial and industrial customers around the promotion of natural gas technology and design requirements for the benefit of the customer. You will support department account executives when new gas technology is to be presented to the customer, their architects and engineers.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering field.
Job Overview Employees in this role provide support and services to the Florida City Gas (FCG) Market Development Team and to their national and key accounts to promote natural gas with a keen focus around new and emerging natural gas utilization equipment technology. This position is responsible for customer inquiries into commercial / industrial energy efficient technology, building energy use analysis and needs and establishes partnerships that insure the highest level of service. Looks for margin growth opportunities within this customer group and supports natural gas infrastructure expansion projects that target industrial and large commercial customer additions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Fields all customer inquiries for service work, load additions, pressure requests, meter upgrades and tariff information for all large commercial and industrial accounts to include those who are national accounts and key accounts
- Coordinates activities between Market Development, System Planning, Engineering, Operations and Billing to ensure accurate, cost effective and timely response for revenue generating projects
- Keeps abreast of emerging and new natural gas utilization equipment technologies and competitive equipment
- Performs analytical economic studies for customers when they are considering new or competitive equipment
- Assists existing industrial, national and key accounts customers by explaining billing and tariff rate structures for natural gas and electric utilities
- Assists new and existing industrial, national and key accounts customers with energy cost budgeting and informing them of energy industry developments
- Looks to persuade decision makers to retain or convert to natural gas
- Works closely with commercial and industrial Account Executives at FCG
- Develops national and key accounts support plan and prepares performance reports for management on a monthly basis
- Participates in energy and trade association meetings, forums and committees along with industry colleagues
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 3+ years Preferred Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Sales Organization: Florida City Gas Location: Port St Lucie, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Port Saint Lucie