Pacificorp Supervisor, Maintenance - Bridger Coal Company - Point of Rocks, WY #85450 in Point of Rocks, Wyoming
Supervisor, Maintenance - Bridger Coal Company - Point of Rocks, WY #85450
Apply now »
Date:Mar 25, 2020
Location:Point of Rocks, WY, US, 82942
Supervises a location or segment of a larger department. Implements business objectives, strategies, and plans and manages daily work functions. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees. Implements and supports company programs and policies. Specifically, this position provides general maintenance supervision, and directs maintenance and repair activities associated with the operation of a surface mine.
- Utilize manpower and materials safely and efficiently to inspect, repair and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Develop a motivated team to ensure equipment/facilities are maintained in proper working order and permissible condition and maintained to high standards to achieve high availabilities and meet maintenance/production goals.
- Inspect work areas daily to identify unsafe conditions and implement necessary corrections. Conduct safety meetings for crews.
- Ensure personnel are trained in operation of equipment and maintenance tasks before performing work. Insure that the AVRP program is understood and completed each shift.
- Maintain repair logs, takes call out reports and orders parts/materials for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Interface with general production supervisors and production supervisors regarding status of maintenance work.
- Communicate/cooperate with other maintenance supervisors and planners to ensure efficiency and project continuity.
- Lead by example and promote safety as a value and ensure compliance of others supervised with mine plans, company safety rules and state and federal regulations.
- Establish accountability and develop the skills of maintenance employees through a combination of goal setting, delegation, training, counseling and performance evaluations or reviews.
- Ensure both company and employees comply with the collective bargaining agreement, process grievances and work to resolve labor related issues without conflict as much as possible at the front line level.
- Accurately and timely fill out and sign federal inspection and hazard books and permissibility logs in compliance with regulations.
• High school diploma or equivalent. • A minimum of five years of progressive maintenance experience in mine operations and/or engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience. • Working knowledge of surface mining/maintenance methods, operations and procedures. • Mine Foreman certification. • Strong technical and working knowledge related to haulage trucks, dozers, scrapers, motor graders, loaders, draglines and large drills. • Leadership and teamwork skills to develop and promote cooperative working relationships with all other shifts and among departments. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and work collaboratively with other departments. • Great sense of accountability and an ability to teach and hold others to that standard. • Knowledge of company’s strategic plan, objectives for maintenance department (surface), as well as company policies, procedures, and practices and applicable federal, state and local government laws and regulations. • Ability to make task lists, prioritize and utilize management resources to effectively assign and implement action plans for achieving objectives. • Basic computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
• MSHA electrical certification. • Experience with bargaining unit requirements and collective bargaining agreements. • Knowledge of electrical design, power systems, energy conversion, and electronics. • Additional education in the maintenance fields.
Req Id: 85450
Company Code: : Pacific Minerals
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Primary Location: Point of Rocks
Department: 00000759 Rocky Mountain Power
Hiring Range: 85,000.00 - 100,000.00
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nearest Major Market:WyomingCareer Segment:Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Power Systems, Management, Engineering, Mining, Energy
Apply now »
Find similar careers: