Pacificorp Mine Contract Administrator - Bridger Coal - Point of Rocks, WY - #105575 in Point of Rocks, Wyoming
Mine Contract Administrator - Bridger Coal - Point of Rocks, WY - #105575
Date: Aug 29, 2021
Location: Point of Rocks, WY, US, 82942
Administers the contract function. Responsible for developing RFQs and RFPs, evaluating and analyzing bids, making recommendations to management, negotiating the final terms and conditions and monitoring the contract to insure compliance by all parties.
Responsibilities for the position include:
• Administer all facets of the contract function including developing RFQs/RFPs, evaluate bids, make recommendations to management, negotiate and/or assist in negotiating final terms and conditions, including service, construction, supply and consignment agreements/contracts.
• Source, bid and purchase major equipment (capital), supplies and parts thereof for the surface mine.
• Effectively work with maintenance, maintenance planning, warehousing, operations, accounting and other departments to ensure contract administration and contract invoice review.
• Monitor supplier/contractor performance.
• Administer performance guarantees.
• Maintain contract and capital purchase files to ensure all appropriate documents are in compliance with Company requirements; on file and current.
• Work with warehouse, maintenance and operations to identify and evaluate items that can be grouped together in a package for purchasing under contract agreement or alliance. Assist in product evaluation.
• Participate in system and process improvement projects to automate and streamline contract administration and purchasing functions.
• Mentor associate and mid-level buyers.
• Works independently to minimize outstanding purchase orders and invoices on hold.
• Maintains certificates of insurance files for suppliers.
• Maintains hard copy files for auditing records.
• Purchase goods & services using previously negotiated terms and conditions.
• Responsible for warehouse stock ordering.
• Establishes new master outline agreements with complex scopes of work.
Requirements for the position include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five years of supply chain experience.
Ability to lead problem resolution sessions with internal customers and suppliers.
Assessment skills including the ability to review and evaluate proposals.
Ability to negotiate with vendors/service providers including the ability to develop strategies and tactics, and influence decisions.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels of an organization; ability to work as a member of a team.
Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and practices as well as equipment, materials and services purchased, and pertinent federal, state and local government laws and regulations.
Proficient with the use of personal computers including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentation applications, and e-procurement applications.
Knowledge and experience in the coal mining industry.
Knowledge of Oracle software.
Req Id: 105575
Company Code: Pacific Minerals
Primary Location: Point of Rocks, WY
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $74,700 - $87,900
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.