Duquesne Light Company Security Specialist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
The Physical Security Specialist will actively maintain multiple physical security systems, to include access control and video, to promote system health and reduce the risk of threats to DLC employees, assets, and executives. The Physical Security Specialist will work with Security Services personnel to monitor for interruptions to system functionality and implement solutions to repair the issue.
• Manage access to physical security systems, (Access Control and CCTV systems)
• Collaborate across the business with teams such as IT and Cyber Security to identify risks to system health and functionality and implement vital upgrades
• Configure systems according to established standards and manage system health
• Actively monitor systems and troubleshoot system errors and malfunctions
• Implement software upgrades and patches
• Manage system access procedures and provide system training
• Participate in Safety & Security incident response by quickly remediating system issues to minimize downtime
• Collaborate with partners (such as Cyber Security, Property Services, and IT) to identify risks and maintain system functionality
• Find opportunities to improve user experience and system capabilities
• Conduct system assessments to identify issues before they impact business operations
• Develop plans to minimize disruptions to system up-time and collaborate with the Security Services team to help identify opportunities for system improvements.
Required Education and Experience:
• BS degree or equivalent experience and at least 7 years of related experience
• Demonstrated experience programming/administrating Access Control Systems and CCTV
• Demonstrated ability to install, troubleshoot, and test security electronics equipment
• Demonstrated ability performing system triage, resolving system issues, analyzing system data, and implementing new workstations and systems
• Demonstrated ability with troubleshooting security devices on an enterprise network
• Demonstrated ability working with service integrators to troubleshoot and resolve field hardware issues
• Knowledge of Critical Infrastructure Protection
• Physical Access Control System experience. CCure and Continuum are preferred.
• CCTV Camera System experience. Genetec is preferred
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to exhibit sound judgment and express verbal and written information effectively
• Strong ability to influence others and build relationships throughout the organization
• Preferred utility experience in transmission and distribution operations
• Actively participate as a member of the Threat Assessment Team and Incident Command Team
• Create strategic plans and assist in departmental budget oversight
• Be available for 24/7 On-Call duties
Supervisory: Does not supervise others
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.