Duquesne Light Company Security Command Center Rep in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
Under supervision, maintains the job duties within the Security Command Center for the enterprise. This includes all applicable regulatory/compliance policies and procedures.
• Monitor alarms and security cameras
• Assume overall responsibility for the safety and security of designated areas
• Virtually patrol designated areas in accordance with outlined security procedures
• Identify potential security risks and respond/escalate accordingly
• Make basic security decisions
• Complete incident reports and required documentation for all security incidents
• Ensure all employees and visitors have proper credentials for accessing buildings
• Respond to emergencies and incidents within designated areas promptly and according to policy
• Assist employees and visitors with any concerns they might have
• Escalate emergency situations to law enforcement as needed
• Job may at times require work outside normal business hours.
Supervisory: Does not supervise others
• Ability to read, interpret and understand regulatory/compliance policies and procedures
• Ability to deescalate challenging interactions among employees and other non-DLC personnel
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to exhibit sound judgment and express verbal and written information effectively
Associate’s Degree or greater.
• Preferred utility experience in transmission and distribution operations
- Access control and CCTV systems.
Positions will be filled at Rep I-IV levels based on experience and education.
Security Command Center officers are responsible for ensuring the safety and protection of a company's employees, visitors, and associated property. Security Command Center officers are tasked with virtual patrolling of designated areas, responding to safety and security threats, and establishing a security presence.
Problems and issues faced are sometimes ambiguous. Appropriately partners with Security Services personnel to maintain regulatory/compliance efforts. Proficient in the operation of physical security technology.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.