NextEra Energy Lead Compliance Engineer in Pittsburg, Florida
Lead Compliance Engineer
Date:Nov 6, 2020
Primary Location:Pittsburg, FL, US, 94565
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47699
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description In this role, you will support transmission compliance activities for our Trans Bay Cable (TBC) office in Pittsburg, CA. Specifically, your duties will center around all compliance-related activities associated with TBC including, but not limited to, NERC Standard Requirements, Protocols, Guidelines, and related tasks as assigned. Additionally, some compliance-related tasks supporting other regions within North America in conjunction with NextEra Energy Transmission may be assigned. You will also be responsible for planning and leading unique and complex projects requiring demonstrated success with the foundations of project management. This role serves as a liaison to various business functions and provides training along with development opportunities for engineering team members.
- Experience in the Transmission industry
- Electrical Engineering background
- PMP Certification Apply now and help us define the next generation of energy!
This job is responsible for applying diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Employees in this role evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects. This position conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides engineering, design and environmental support • Tracks and reports on project negotiations and performance • Delivers company standards, policies, training, and support of organization • Prepares communications, presentations and provides support at meetings • Formulates researches, and develops improvement measures • Works with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs • Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements • Ability to work extended hours • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL) • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE) • Six Sigma Black Belt Certified • Six Sigma Green Belt Certified • Master's Degree • Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified • Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC Location: Pittsburg, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs