NextEra Energy Environmental Services Project Manager in Pittsburg, California
Environmental Services Project Manager
Date:Oct 10, 2020
Primary Location:Pittsburg, CA, US, 94565
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 43681
owns and operates a 53-mile, high-voltage direct current underwater transmission cable system which provides approximately 40 percent of the electrical power used by San Francisco..
Position Specific Description This job is responsible for supporting the development and administration of safety/health policies, programs, and work practices that comply with safety/health regulations and prevent employee injuries and illnesses. Employees in this role advise management on matters which affect conformance to current and proposed OSHA Safety/Health Standards.
- Administers safety/health training programs required for employees to perform their job responsibilities safely
- Provides technical guidance to departments on occupational safety/health
- Provides support to the Union through the Joint Safety Committee to bring about improvements in safety/health
- Assists in developing and enforcing safety rules and standard operating procedures
- Ensures compliance on all safety incidents and events
- Provides guidance on the completion of the Detailed Incident Analysis Report
- Ensures compliance of all contractor safety related activities
- Ensures the completion of all OSHA mandated training
- Lead environmental and safety project needs and project management at the site.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Job Overview
Employees in this job provide specialized environmental expertise and environmental technical support to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and permits. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads environmental programs that provide specialized expertise to ensure cost effective environmental solutions
- Maximizes operational flexibility and environmental benefits for costs incurred
- Contributes to improved system reliability and customer satisfaction
- Translates regulations and permits into actionable tasks
- Provides guidance on alternatives to minimize environmental impacts
- Identifies, tracks, and analyzes environmental performance metrics
- Reviews, monitors, and comments on emerging environmental legislation and regulations
- Assists with development of strategy and communicate environmental requirements to management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: Trans Bay Cable, LLC Location: Pittsburg, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs