Arizona Public Service Construction/Maintenance Planner in PHOENIX, Arizona
Apply now »
Date: Nov 18, 2021
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85021
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
The Construction/Maintenance Planner serves as liaison with customers, coordinate resources for construction/maintenance projects, ensure correct materials, equipment and manpower are provided for project completion, perform simple job design, and assist with the complex design of projects. Serve as Project Leader for numerous, simultaneous projects. May perform facility inspections in accordance with APS Standards. (Note: The majority of the job duties [approximately 60%] are field activities performed out of doors at various project sites.)
High school degree/GED and two (2) years Journeyman electrician experience OR Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or an equivalent discipline and two (2) years experience in construction, engineering, operations, or maintenance within the utility or related industry OR high school degree/GED and seven (7) years equivalent combination of education and experience in construction, engineering, operations, or maintenance within the utility or related industry. Some positions may require experience with rubber glove (RG) practices. Working knowledge of company policies and procedures, environmental regulations, Labor agreement, APS Construction Standards, Accident Prevention Manual and OSHA standards. Good communications and interpersonal skills.
1) Serve as liaison with customers (internal/external) on various projects to ensure customer requirements and expectations are accurately understood / communicated and met in a timely manner.
2) Coordinate resources for construction projects to ensure fully staffed, multiple crews are always available. Track budget expenditures of contract.
3) Order project materials from stock, allowing a two to three day lead time for delivery to project site, so materials are available to the crew for scheduled work.
4) May oversee the activities of the garage to ensure all inspections and repairs are completed thoroughly and on schedule. Maintain efficient vehicle records.
5) Perform design duties for simple construction/maintenance projects and provide cost estimates for time and materials. Assist Designers and other Project Leaders to develop plans on complex design projects.
6) May assure that the sub-transmission and distribution systems are operated in a safe, efficient, and economical manner, adhering to safety and good operating procedures as Duty Supervisor during 24 hour call out for restoration of electric service including storms and other emergencies.
7) Resolve differences by encouraging and practicing open communication and accurate interpretation of company policies and labor agreement.
8) May serve as primary contact for the Division on environmental issues, hazardous materials communication, hazardous waste processing, industrial hygiene, water quality and PCB processing; train employees and track training attendance; keep files current on material safety data sheets, inventories, waste shipment and keep abreast of new and current regulations that affect APS facilities and employees.
9) May perform trench and panel inspection per specification requirements. May perform rotation after hours duty supervisor. May coordinate the warehouse and hauling activities to ensure that materials are stocked and delivered in an efficient and timely manner. May coordinate the tree trimming, garage, hauling and warehouse personnel to maximize efficiency and track expenditures for all functions. May coordinate maintenance of facilities and new construction projects; coordinate maintenance orders and non-revenue Work Authorizations (WAs).
10) Promote safety awareness and accident reductions through safety meetings, tailboards and implementation of safe work procedures and practices.
11) Perform inspections per specification requirements or oversee the activities to ensure all inspections and repairs are completed thoroughly and on schedule. Maintain department documents.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position requires employees to work at the (Location), with some flexibility. Flexibility will be determined with the hired employee and leadership.