AES United States Project Manager in Petersburg, Indiana
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Under general guidance, manages implementation of assigned work plans to facilitate quality, cost effective and safe execution. Provides daily reports which include detailed notes of job status, issues encountered, conflicts, change orders, daily man-hours, etc. Adept in work management best practices and can apply them. Effectively uses CMMS, purchasing, and financial software to meet work management process requirements. Perform job hazard analyses for maintenance tasks and provides appropriate permits (LOTO, hot work, confined space, etc.) for execution of work.
• Assists in the development, preparation and updating of resource loaded maintenance schedules
• Enhances technical knowledge through participation in various user group forums and conferences
• Ensures a safe work environment and all work is conducted within AES safety policies
• Verifies and approves contractor timesheets
• Takes detailed notes of job execution detailing headcount, issues, conflicts, change orders and performance
• Provides financial reporting including accruals and budget forecasting
• Assists in development of LOTO plans and verifies work completion prior to signing off LOTO
• Ensures work execution meets or exceeds intended quality assurance requirements
• Prepares project and scheduled outage maintenance reports
• Provides Outage Closeout Reports work that document work completed, cancelled, deferred or not performed
• Creates all necessary sub-work orders, updates bill of materials, adds asset notes and closes work orders
• Identify and document lessons learned
• Sets up new stock items and adds to bill of materials
• Removes obsolete materials of stores inventory
• Performs in a supervisory role for both union and non-union labor (contractor and internal)
• Degreed candidates must have two (2) years of recent verifiable related experience
• Non-degreed candidates must have five (5) years of recent verifiable related experience
• Must be willing to travel to other AES facilities, conferences and vendor repair facilities
• Willingness to perform in a leadership role in both a union and non-union environment
• Ensures adherence to all AES/IPL safety policies
• Project management certification
• Experience in the planning/performance of combustion turbine maintenance
• Experience in the planning/performance of power plant mechanical or electrical system maintenance
• Experience with SAP or other computerized maintenance management system
• Experience with Primavera or other scheduling software
• Experience directing contractors performing power plant maintenance activities
• Experience with cost and schedule control throughout project execution
• Experience and training with industrial QAQC inspections and procedures
• Working knowledge of industry work management best practices as related to power plants
• Willing to participate as a member of applicable User Groups
• Effective organizational skills with commitment to deadlines
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal, technical and financial skills
• Strong computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office and Primavera or other scheduling software applications
• Team player with the willingness and ability to learn/teach
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs
• Ability to lead a project from beginning to successful completion
• Ability to support a 24/7 operation
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers