NextEra Energy Summer College Intern - PGD (Pensacola) in Pensacola, Florida
Summer College Intern - PGD (Pensacola)
Date:Oct 6, 2020
Primary Location:Pensacola, FL, US, 32514
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46134
is an energy provider serving nearly half a million customers across northwest Florida. Our team works hard to provide our customers with reliable and environmentally responsible energy, to offer innovative energy services and solutions and give back to the communities we also call home.
Position Specific Description At what other company can you contribute to the next generation of green energy while utilizing leading technology to disrupt the industry? Or develop virtual reality training, volunteer in the community, and interact with top executives? At NextEra Energy, being an intern means more than getting involved in the day-to-day business. You'll get exposure to real projects and challenges in an innovative and diverse environment while you gain professional experience. You will also participate in engaging summer events plus work on projects with other interns and employees beyond your core work area. We are looking for a select talented group of interns to join us, learn about what we do and how we do it while contributing to our amazing team. We are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture similar to the customers we serve. Our goal is to identify and develop candidates for future full-time employment based on successful performance. As a summer intern with the Power Generation division you will:
- Support the development of an equipment condition assessment tracking and risk management procedure
- Apply knowledge to real-world operating failure modes experienced in the fleet
- Piping and Instrumentation Drawing reviews and updates
- Support the validation of daily operating procedures
- Participate in daily activities associated with the safe and reliable operation of the plant (including such items as: preventative maintenance routines, startup and shutdown activities)
- Acquire knowledge of a conventional boiler operation through team interaction and self-directed research
- Work activities may include such items as preparation of reports, calculations, specifications and scope documents as well as generating sketches and drawings
- Work with equipment to analyze and troubleshoot equipment problems
- Conduct field walk-downs and mark-up as-built documentation
We are seeking Electrical or Mechanical engineering majors. Apply now and join us in 2021!
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale). Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: Gulf Power Company Location: Pensacola, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs