NextEra Energy Senior Project Manager in Pensacola, Florida
Senior Project Manager
Date:Sep 15, 2020
Primary Location:Pensacola, FL, US, 32520
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46012
is an energy provider serving nearly half a million customers across northwest Florida. Our team works hard to provide our customers with reliable and environmentally responsible energy, to offer innovative energy services and solutions and give back to the communities we also call home.
Position Specific Description This role is to manage the Storm Hardening (SH) and Storm Secure Underground (SSUP) programs across Gulf’s District areas. Gulf experience preferred.
Employees in this job plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion. This role provides direction on projects to the department or project team members. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and completes large-scale or several medium or small, complex or long term project(s) within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Secures required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Identifies issues and challenges, measures and validates results, and implements solutions
- Provides information to internal and external clients on moderate to complex issues
- Creates and communicates presentation materials for report out and updates with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Conducts external research and stays abreast of new developments or innovative advancements pertaining to the project
- Provides coaching, leadership and direction to project team
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Project Management Organization: Gulf Power Company Location: Pensacola, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs