NextEra Energy Principal IT Network Engineer in Pensacola, Florida
Principal IT Network Engineer
Date: Jul 25, 2021
Primary Location: Pensacola, FL, US, 32520
Company: NextEra Energy
is an energy provider serving nearly half a million customers across northwest Florida. Our team works hard to provide our customers with reliable and environmentally responsible energy, to offer innovative energy services and solutions and give back to the communities we also call home.
Position Specific Description
This position is responsible for regional and system level support of FPL telecommunications transport systems and infrastructure. This includes support and documentation of GPON, OPGW, dielectric fiber optics OSP, Nokia SARs, Cisco routers, DWDM, CPE, M/W, LTE backhaul, Nokia NSP, OSPInsight, AMI, OTDR, SNOW, NTEST, SCADA, and other major applications that use FPL transport network.
This role is responsible for assisting with the design, leading the implementation, and supporting the maintenance of our enterprise network infrastructure. Employees in this role work directly with management, project managers, and business leaders to ensure that projects are successfully delivered on-time and within budget. This position acts as an escalation point for issues that are encountered in our 24x7 environment to ensure that the availability and performance of our systems is maintained. Employees also ensure that all documentation is accurate and up-to-date and that our infrastructure remains secure at all times.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works directly with equipment manufactures to assess new technologies and how they can be applied to provide solutions to increase availability, reliability, and business agility or to reduce operating costs
• Analyzes new projects and designs network solutions that will support their implementation
• Participates in the implementation of network infrastructure
• Creates as-built design documentation for all new projects and network engineering efforts, and ensures they remain up-to-date as the network evolves
• Maintains the availability and integrity of our enterprise network infrastructure, including wired and wireless networks, network security infrastructure, and voice transport infrastructure
• Maintains the security of network infrastructure and compliance with all applicable industry and security standards
• Acts as the highest level of engineering escalation for issues encountered within the network environment and security environments
• Demonstrates experience with network management operational tools such as Cisco Prime, Netscout, and IBM Tivoli
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 7+ years
• Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Gulf Power Company
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs