PPL Corporation Supv-Regnl Mat & Logistic Serv in Pennsylvania
Supv-Regnl Mat & Logistic Serv
• Implement and manage materials management and warehousing strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Drive a culture that emphasizes safety as a top priority, utilizing human performance tools, procedure adherence, and observation, feedback and coaching to maintain a safe working environment.
• Collaborates with business lines on Supply Chain process improvement initiatives.
• Ensure operational KPIs reflect core processes and are met in order to support efficient and effective operations, including preparation and analysis of KPI reports to demonstrate performance.
• Effectively manage labor resources to ensure service levels are maintained. Monitor and adjust resources to achieve daily operational requirements.
• Ensure employees have the necessary equipment, materials, and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks.
• Monitor the work performance of each employee to ensure that performance expectations are met or exceeded. Provide performance coaching and, when necessary, appropriate formal discipline.
• Maintain accurate inventory records: ensure transaction accuracy, manage physical inventories and cycle counts.
• Drive continuous improvement and innovation by understanding business needs, collaborating with business lines, and evaluation and implementation of industry best practices as a result of benchmarking.
• Monitor Logistic Services activities to ensure compliance to Corporate and Supply Chain policies and procedures, as well as PUC, SOX, NERC and FERC regulations.
• Administer the labor agreement for issues and grievances with IBEW LU 1600.
• In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
• Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
• May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
The Supervisor-Regional Material & Logistic Services is responsible for the daily regional materials management and logistics operations in support of PPL Electric Utilities.
This position is accountable and responsible for the following core functions:
• Acting as the primary Supply Chain/Logistics Services liaison to Regional Distribution Operations.
• Material ordering, issuing and staging for planned work orders and/or emergency must go situations in support of business line work management process
• Receipt, OSD&D management, put-away, care and custody of materials, tools, and parts
• Physical inventory management (e.g., cycle counting, warehouse housekeeping, etc.)
• Shipping/Delivery services
• Ensuring a safe work environment and work practices including safety planning and execution
This position directs and supervises bargaining unit personnel in execution of the functions referenced above at multiple PPL facilities. Please note that the home locations will likely be 1 supervisor each in Lancaster, Hazleton and Allentown .
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field, or 5 years equivalent experience in warehousing operations.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with frequent travel to multiple facilities across the PPL service territory.
Thorough understanding of logistics operations and processes.
Working knowledge of commonly used PC software applications, including Microsoft Office products.
Working knowledge of order fulfillment and warehouse management systems.
Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and tactfully with personnel at multiple levels within the organization.
Action oriented with demonstrated leadership skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
- Experience in direct supervision of a bargaining unit staff.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)