NextEra Energy Senior Nuclear Protection Analyst in Palo, Iowa
Senior Nuclear Protection Analyst
Date:Jun 22, 2018
Primary Location:Palo, IA, US, 52324
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24619
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Duane Arnold Nuclear Station is hiring (3) three Senior Nuclear Protection Analyst and if you have an interest in the role please review the listed functional job duties and requirement for the position. We have a passion for taking our employees career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset and if you are interested in joining a leading team within a nuclear fleet, look no further.
Job Overview This job is responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and reporting of radioactive waste control. Employees in this role are responsible for monitoring radiation levels of personnel, systems, effluent and the environment. Individuals ensure site compliance with applicable regulatory, site and fleet radiation safety requirements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work requiring application of sound and diversified knowledge of radiation protection techniques, procedures, principles and criteria
- Applies advanced technical expertise to projects and problems to develop and refine new approaches to programs and systems
- Uses advanced techniques and theory expansion, concepts and practices to improve processes and conditions
- Ensures plant health physics and radiological conditions are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits
- Monitors plant work activities and systems such that they are conducted in a manner that minimizes personnel radiation exposure and preserves plant system and equipment reliability
- Participates in projects, procedure development, revision and review, assessments, performance improvement initiatives, and corrective action
- Coordinates and directs the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of radiation protection projects
- Conducts the analysis of technical data to identify requirements
- Prepares studies and plans for projects having direct effect on nuclear safety, Operations and Maintenance, capital expenses and plant equipment
- Provides technical direction to less experienced radiation protection personnel or function as project lead
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
- Experience: 7+ years
Nuclear Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree
NRRPT certification Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Associate's in Health Physics, Radiological Safety, or related field or NRRPT certification and/or equivalent education experience
- Individual experience in radiation protection and/or health physics in the nuclear industry, additional technical training in radiation protection and demonstrated leadership ability may be considered equivalent to degree requirement
- Nuclear plant radiation protection experience: 7+ years
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Radiation Protection, Health Physics or related field and 7+ years of nuclear radiation protection experience
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Duane Arnold Location: Palo, Iowa Other Work Locations: Iowa Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-HA1 Nearest Major Market:Cedar Rapids Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy