NextEra Energy IT Nuclear Technology Analyst S in Palo, Iowa
IT Nuclear Technology Analyst S
Date:Mar 15, 2018
Primary Location:Palo, IA, US, 52324
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 21506
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Looking to make a difference, come join us, at NextEra Energy – Nuclear Division. We are helping to change the industry by delivering the Nuclear Promise to strengthen commitment to excellence in safety and reliability, assure future viability through efficiency improvements, and drive regulatory and market changes so that nuclear energy facilities are fully recognized for their value. You will be a part of a team that is protecting our nuclear assets and infrastructure from cyber threats.
Experience with the following is highly desired for the role:
- Information Management, Cyber Security, Internal Auditing, or Regulatory Compliance
- General knowledge of a typical Digital Control System (DCS)
- Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.
- Travel to sites throughout the United States averages about 10%Information Security Certifications (CISM, CISSP, CCNA, CCNP)
Job Overview Employees in this role strategically design and implement information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions and ensure their availability. Individuals in this position will gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. Employees in this position are responsible for supporting daily system operations within a specified discipline on a 24-hour/7-day-a-week basis.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes expert knowledge of one or more major components of information technology to recommend solutions as they relate to current and future business environments
- Leads in planning, design, configuration and operations of information systems
- Takes responsibility for the day-to-day operations of business unit’s technical infrastructure
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience and may direct the work of other staff members
- Applies in-depth knowledge and experience and uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems, taking a new perspective using existing solutions
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: NextEra Duane Arnold (0046) Location: Palo, Iowa Other Work Locations: Iowa Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Cedar Rapids Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy