Avangrid Analyst - Budget & Billing in Orange, United States
Analyst - Budget & Billing
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Orange, CT, US, 06477 Vestal, NY, US Augusta, ME, US Rochester, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Analyst-Budget & Billing is a primary resource to lead, facilitate and coordinate efforts related to gathering, analyzing and reporting the results of Cyber Assurance & Compliance (CA&C) financial goals and objectives, for both Capital and Operational Expenses. Assume a lead role in all activities related to producing metrics and preparing reports. Provide support for regulatory / legislative initiatives as needed. Support the CA&C as well as Other OSG areas like Smart Meter Systems and Control Systems & Automation for technical procurement related items, financial reporting and budgets.
Requires in depth knowledge and experience in the SAP and iBuy software applications and works independently with minimal guidance to solve complex problems. Provides support and guidance to others in the organization with less experience and drives effective work flows and process improvements.
Responsibilities include Purchasing/ Procurement, and Budget Analysis for the OSG areas by producing reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports upon request.
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
• Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
• Analyzes and prepares financial statements and reports to all Managers and Director
• Prepares consolidation journal entries, on a timely and accurate basis for financial statements
• Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes and reports accounts payable/receivable transactions
• Creation of purchase orders for CA&C related projects and ongoing renewals.
• Pays vendor invoices, and processes goods receipts on a timely basis
• Maintains and reconciles accounts payable/receivable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
• Compiles and reviews the budgets for multiple OSG departments, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income
• Maintains accurate spending records and establishes measures for budgetary control
Responsible for developing, monitoring and reporting critical operational, productivity & efficiency metrics. Report results across the OSG area and others as required. Responsible for identifying and analyzing performance gaps from established goals and work with Director, Managers and Supervisors to close gaps, recommend and implement repeatable quantifiable improvements to achieve target goals.
Performs complex business process analysis and design for the CA&C area. Provides input and support business process related purchasing and budgeting activities for the CA&C area. Identifies processes improvement, documents existing processes, identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state, designs new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process. Maintain scorecards specifically measuring gains through process improvement.
Develop and publish purchase and budget related performance dashboards for use by Management.
Participate on project teams for purchasing and budget related items, and assist with continuous improvement efforts.
Perform emergency/ Storm Role and support restoration efforts as needed.
Skills and Requirements
• Computer capabilities with Microsoft Office and experienced with Excel
• Extensive knowledge with SAP and tools for budget control/availability, invoice investigation, purchase requisition and processing.
• Organizationally sound
• Communication (both written and oral) capabilities
• 12+ years’ of related (financial/ purchasing/ budget) experience
• AS Degree plus 7+ years’ of related (financial/ purchasing/ budget) experience
• BS Degree with 5+ years’ of related (financial/ purchasing/ budget) experience
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com