Avangrid Principle Analyst- Wholesale and Renewable Power Contracts in Orange, Connecticut
Principle Analyst- Wholesale and Renewable Power Contracts
Company: UIL HOLDINGS CORPORATION
Orange, CT, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
This position is responsible for assisting the Wholesale Power Contracts Group in all matters, including interactions with customers and contract counterparties relative to the execution and administration of wholesale power and renewable power/clean energy contracts. Assists in the administration of policies and procedures established for required functions and supports the examination, interpretation and development of materials and tools to efficiently complete required tasks. Individual must possess a strong understanding of utility policies and practices, energy markets and work effectively under pressure and regulatory time constraints.
May lead the development of UI's position to external audiences, including regulatory or legislative forums, community and customer groups, and industry entities.
• Leading the process to select and negotiate contracts with bidders for wholesale power and renewable/clean energy procurement processes, including those which may be associated with the Connecticut Low and Zero Emission Renewable Energy Credit Program or other long-term clean energy procurements, or Standard Service/Last Resort Service procurements.
• Ensuring appropriate accounting and payment methodologies are employed;
• Coordinates the assessment of costs and benefits of various procurement strategies and identifies opportunities to reduce costs and risks to UI's customers.
• Coordinates the development of and performance of analytic reporting tools, financial projections and variance reporting.
• Coordinates the preparation of required requests for proposals and other procurement related analysis documentation.
• Renewable Energy Certificate and associated Energy and Wholesale Market Product management.
• Run analytics that answer key questions related to pricing, supply & demand, credit risk and the interaction between various markets.
• Anticipates customer and stakeholder needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions.
• Develops reports and presentations for various internal and external parties
• May be required to represent AVANGRID orally or in writing to regulatory, public and industry focused entities, including ISO New England and NEPOOL.
• Resolves complex problems in non-standard situations and develops creative solutions. Administers power contracts and reconciles complex pricing, accounting and supplier credit issues.
• Participates in power procurement processes from inception through successful completions, including the negotiation of contract and pricing terms.
• Prepares reports and regulatory filings.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve Connecticut's statutory clean energy goals.
Skills and Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree from an accredited college/university in a related analytic discipline, including but not limited to, accounting, finance, business, environmental, energy, or the equivalent. Graduate degree or post graduate coursework preferred. This position also requires a minimum of ten years of experience in one or more of the following areas: energy (electric/gas) procurement, wholesale energy trading/marketing, energy supply planning, integrated resource planning, renewable energy, ISO/NEPOOL markets, regulatory planning/strategy, and energy contract/supply administration. Similar experience with corporate purchasing and contract management, energy accounting and/or experience with SAP functions related to purchasing, supply management and accounting may be partially substituted for experience with energy markets and contracts.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org