Iberdrola USA Manager- Networks Property, Plant & Equipment Tax (AMC 65947) Orange, CT in Orange, Connecticut
Business and Department
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Oversight of Tax Accounting & Reporting processes and procedures for Networks property, plant and equipment (“PP&E;”) investment to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS & FERC accounting requirements (including SEC reporting) and with federal, state & local monthly, quarterly and annual tax compliance requirements. Direct the tax staff assigned to this activity.
- Oversight of regulatory reporting for Networks PP&E; investments for income tax reporting, including rate case support and other data inquiries.
- Oversight of detailed tax computations for Networks PP&E;, including tax basis adjustments due to tax basis repairs, mixed service costs, flow-through accounting impacts and all other material impacts.
- Oversight and execution of SOX controls for quarterly and annual US GAAP reporting associated with PP&E; investments.
- Perform income tax accounting research for new investment in PP&E; associated with new business transactions, etc. and prepare associated documentation memos.
- Important Tax Department contact with Renewables business and finance leads on tax accounting and strategy.
- Responsible for tax budgeting & forecasts impacts of Networks PP&E; impacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree + a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of education and
Masters in Taxation, Law Degree and/or CPA
Experience in the energy industry or a highly regulated business
Accountability for Outcomes
Strong Communication, Project Management and Analytical Skills
Expert Knowledge of SEC Tax Reporting Requirements
Knowledge of Income Tax Accounting Requirements Under GAAP & IFRS
Strong Tax Technical Writing Skills & Computer Skills
Ability to train other individuals
Understanding of Corporate Tax Accounting and Reporting requirements
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: AVANGRID Management Company (AMC)
Job Title: Manager – Networks Property, Plant & Equipment Tax Reporting
Reports to: Director – Networks Tax Reporting
Location: Orange, CT
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 28.08.2018