Omaha Public Power District Supervisor, Customer Account Receivables in Omaha, Nebraska
Responsible for the daily operation of the customer accounting and reporting function to assure accurate and timely calculation, preparation and distribution of all the District’s electric and related product and service bills.
- Evaluate current processes for billing, revenue, products and services, collections and account receivable management and implement changes to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction while acting in the interest of the District and adhering to applicable statutory and audit requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement internal control procedures to ensure the integrity and maintenance of the data and processes are adequate and provide proper audit trails.
- Ensure employees provide productive and coordinated relationships on all matters dealing with billing and related revenue accounting, customer service, delinquent accounts receivable, resource availability, work volumes, policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
Responsible for the daily operations of meter reading technologies, billing, delinquent accounts, field activity, customer account and program maintenance to ensure accurate, timely billing and service order fulfillment.
- Support monitoring of advanced metering reading and billing technologies and implement appropriate operating policies and procedures to support demand side management, energy efficiency, and distributed generation programs.
- Identify appropriate data analytics on meter reading, billing, payment, and collection data to monitor for trends and anomalies that merit investigation, as well as identify appropriate business response to trends and anomalies.
- Monitor federal (including but not limited to Fair Credit Reporting Act) and state legislative as well as industry regulatory actions to ensure OPPD debt collection and billing policies and procedures remain in compliance with the law.
Effectively apply OPPD’s Management Leadership Practices (MLP’s) in planning and assigning the work of staff members. Build and maintain a competent team through effective recruiting, selection and ongoing development.
- Managerial Meetings - conduct managerial meetings with staff on a regular and predictable schedule to provide coaching opportunities/ context setting/ development/ clarity of task / feedback …
- Managerial Planning – Determine how to achieve the goals of the unit/team through effective metrics development, individual task assignment, seeking input from your team, and employee development Coaching/Feedback for Competency of Role – Provide coaching and feedback opportunities to staff to continuously improve their competency in the work of their role
- PEA – Conduct and complete performance appraisal conversations and documentation requirements per defined schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business with an emphasis in accounting or finance and 3 years of work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of utility meter reading, customer information systems, billing processes, electric rate schedules and service regulations, revenue accounting and accounts receivable management, and customer program, products and services administration
- Knowledgeable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards Board, Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission accounting guidelines as well as internal control principles and practices
- Thorough understanding of advanced billing strategies developing in the evolving electric utility environment
- High degree of sensitivity to both employee and OPPD needs
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent human relations skills, and the ability to motivate people through effective coaching skills
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise people, teams and special projects to support complex meter reading, billing, collections and related data analytics activities
- Demonstrate effective planning, organizational, leadership, teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually
Vision Leading the way we power the future.
Mission To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
Values We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or by December 20, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295594
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time