Omaha Public Power District Senior Pricing Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska
The Senior Pricing Analyst conducts complex assignments and provides analytical and technical support for all activities in the department. This position has a broad knowledge of financial, economic, and utility operations practices and procedures, is challenged to use originality and ingenuity in developing financial and pricing strategies and is responsible for presenting those strategy recommendations to management. The Pricing Analyst will often lead projects, serve on cross-functional teams, and provide training and guidance to staff as appropriate.
- Economic and Rate Related Analysis: Accountable for development of rate structures and tariffs that reflect the corporate rate philosophy and strategies, to assure electric service rates that are fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory to the District and its customers and offer customers innovative pricing products.
- Develop accurate cost of service, load analysis studies, and rate designs to serve as a basis for the design of electric rate schedules for the various customer classes.
- Develop transmission tariffs and Regional Transmission Revenue Requirements and rates for the District’s wholesale customers.
- Develop and analyze the District’s marginal cost study, avoided costs studies, energy loss studies, and other models as required to study corporate issues.
- Develop written tariffs, rate schedules, board resolutions, reports, and position papers related to pricing and rate concepts.
- Develop and serve as a project lead and/or team member on various rate-related special project teams including cross-functional teams and teams comprised of others in the industry
Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, engineering or other business related area.
Minimum 4 years of analytical work related experience
Excellent analytic, problem solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
Ability to write detailed analytical reports, position papers, and tariffs
Requires thoroughness, accuracy, tenaciousness, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to plan and lead projects
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data management, including database and spreadsheet applications, with the ability to develop and use complex models or specialized computer applications.
Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or similar software
Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, engineering, or related field.
Direct experience in rate making, pricing, or utility commission analysis with a fundamental understanding of cost of service principles.
Experience in utility rate design, analysis and techniques, cost of service studies, financial analysis, model development, market research concepts or economic forecasting
- Experience with economic, financial, statistical, and operational analysis methodologies
- Understanding of utility accounting practices
- Working knowledge of the engineering concepts associated with the operation of an electrical utility system, including generation, transmission, and distribution design and system operations
OPPD Core Values:
Vision Leading the way we power the future.
Mission To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
Values We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before November 12, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295537
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time