Omaha Public Power District Community Relations (Outreach) Project Manager in Omaha, Nebraska
Build on external (stakeholders/community partners) relationships to understand community needs, create community partnerships and drive outcomes that support OPPD’s strategic directives and business needs.
Internally, work across business units with employees, leaders and employee resource groups to positively impact participation (volunteerism) and alignment on community engagement/involvement efforts. Provide oversight and project management support to help guide and support community relations goals and objectives. When assigned, position will also assist with stakeholder outreach to educate and gain feedback on important OPPD business matters.
Build brand and customer awareness of OPPD’s community impact through effective marketing channels. Measure program outcomes and partnerships for effectiveness.
- Identify and build relationships for mapping and understanding impacted and engaged stakeholders, as well as*stakeholder needs. *
- Engage key community leaders and stakeholders to understand interests and concerns for identifying alignment and advocating for needs.
- Collaborate across business units, with senior leaders, employee resource groups (ERGs) and Community Connections Team to maintain and cultivate new relationships and to identify unique and varying community needs.
- Foster and maintain relationships with community organizations and associations (i.e. neighborhood associations and economic development organizations) to keep a pulse on community needs.
- Build on relationships to gain insight and analyze stakeholder feedback for identifying focus areas and recommending partnerships and volunteer opportunities that align with the company’s business needs.
- Utilize data and stakeholder insight to develop, recommend and communicate plans that align OPPD’s strategic direction and stakeholder interests for community adoption.
- Support Public Affairs business unit work, including governmental affairs, economic development, environmental and regulatory affairs and corporate marketing and communications.
When applicable, coordinate with stakeholder efforts to proactively engage and measure community involvement regarding important OPPD business matters (i.e. Rates).
Design and implement community relations plans, including communication and marketing strategies, to build brand and customer awareness of OPPD’s outreach efforts.
- Oversee and make recommendations for OPPD’s community and sponsorship involvement (i.e. boards, etc.).
- Identify partnerships, develop outreach programs and coordinate employee volunteer efforts that support OPPD outreach strategies and the communities we serve.
- Identify key events throughout OPPD’s service territory and provide event oversight and coordination.
- Make proactive recommendations (policies, procedures) to ensure OPPD employees understand focus areas and processes, or develop a business case for any exceptions.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs to develop effective communication plans and marketing proposals to increase awareness of OPPD brand and economic development efforts (i.e. pitch books), and ensure media opportunities are created or realized.
- Utilize OPPD’s Speakers Bureau as a marketing tool to educate, inform and position OPPD as a thought leader and community partner. Create new content, organize training as needed, and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Work with OPPD’s social media and website coordinator, content marketing and media specialists for alignment and consistency in messaging.
When applicable, assist with writing, editing, production and photography/video with community focus.
Engage employees to build awareness and create excitement around outreach efforts, resulting in positive community impact.
- Communicate strategies, ensure alignment and inspire healthy competition to increase employee engagement.
- Inspire employees as brand ambassadors of OPPD’s vision, mission and core values and provide community relations opportunities to heighten brand awareness.
- Provide oversight and guidance to OPPD leaders, employees and employee resource groups (ERGs) to assist with their efforts in support of community outreach goals and focus.
Provide oversight and guidance to OPPD’s Community Connections Team to engage the communities we serve and positively impact and influence customer/stakeholder perception.
Monitor and measure impact of community outreach efforts. Work across business units, with employee groups and Community Connections Team to oversee coordination, communication and reporting of OPPD outcomes.
- Determine partnership evaluation methods and metrics and analyze effort effectiveness.
- Track outcomes, analyze results and develop executive summaries for OPPD senior management and board of directors.
- Report progress against community objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Relations, Public Administration or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in communications, public administration, community relations, public relations and/or related field
- Excellent communication skills, experience in public speaking and working with diverse stakeholder/community groups.
- Ability to work independently, and to handle sensitive and confidential matters discretely and tactfully.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and conceptually.
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products.
- Experience guiding and consulting employees and leaders with community efforts, from project planning to employee engagement.
- Experience engaging internal and external stakeholders to identify alignment, develop partnerships and influence and impact company brand awareness.
OPPD CORE VALUES:
Vision Leading the way we power the future.
Mission To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
Values We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before August 17, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295483
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time