Pike Corporation Material Man (Duke) in Ocala, Florida
Position Summary: Material Man is an entry level position in the construction systems.
• Ensure that all activities are in compliance with environmental, health and safety codes and procedures
• Ensure that all activities are in compliance with warehouse procedures and practices
• Perform quality assurance/quality control activities on all incoming material
• Verify that the receipt of all material shipments is in alignment with bill of lading
• Off load vendor deliveries utilizing proper equipment
• Organize material in storage for ease of access for inventory count, replenishment, rotation and picking
• Accurately pick and assemble material and material kits for underground construction requirements
• Deliver material and material kits to construction work site utilizing proper equipment
• Investigates discrepancies in inventory records to determine corrections needed as requested by Material Specialist
• Maintain proper housekeeping of warehouse or stockroom on a daily basis
• Perform various activities as required by management in support of material management functions
• Class A CDL driver’s license
• Experience in the utility industry
• Training and certification as required to operate heavy-lifting machinery such as forklifts and cranes
• High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• High commitment to achieving goals and plans
• Detail oriented
• Excellent physical health is required as the work is physically demanding and requires lifting, bending or standing for long periods of time
• Willingness to work indoor and outdoor with the potential for harsh weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Pike is a Non-union Company
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Material Man (Duke)
Requisition ID: 1800025A