NextEra Energy Meter Electrician A in Oakland Park, Florida
Meter Electrician A
Date: Oct 20, 2021
Primary Location: Oakland Park, FL, US, 33311
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 54697
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is seeking certified Electronic Technician to join our growing team in the Sunshine State! Help keep our communities running and the lights on for our nearly 5 million customers by joining our safe, positive team of skilled Meter Technicians. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a signing bonus of $10,000! Ambitious employees will have opportunities for career growth and development.
Qualified candidates must have successfully completed a state recognizedMeter Electrician A craftworker ticket or an electrical engineering degree and be able to provide documentation.
The responsibilities of the job include: testing, repairs, installations, removing, inspecting all types of metering equipment, including primary voltage equipment, in accordance with company design standards and work methods.
Minimum requirements for job:
1) Must have completed apprentice training or equivalent program
2) Must be able to work in direct sunlight or at night
3) Must be able to climb ladders.
1) Operate in a safe manner at all times in accordance with all safety rules.
2) Trouble-shooting solid state data receivers and associated meter circuits.
3) Install and trouble-shoot customer meter data from company meter circuits.
4) Install and maintain various load control interface circuits.
5) Perform revenue protection investigations on self-contained and CT rated metering circuits and facilities in accordance with the MOA.
6) Performs phase angle tests on various field metering installations. 7) Performs dielectric tests on bucket trucks.
8) Installs and maintains various CT and CT/VT rated installations
9) Initial wiring of capacitor bank harnesses.
10) Communicates with Electronic Technician, Laboratory Meter Electrician, and Service Planners on various metering issues.
11) Works with personal computers
12) Untap/retap services (up to 1/0 in size) associated with repairs only.
13) Performs tests on all types of watt hour metering equipment.
• Constr and Skilled Trades Test passed-CAST
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Power Systems Bargaining Unit
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Oakland Park, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs