Eversource Energy Supervisor, Gas Meter Services in Norwalk, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Role and Scope of Position:
This position ensures that ES provides customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound gas service ensuring high quality operating standards. Responsible for planning; scheduling and inspecting the work of employees engaged in installation and maintenance of meters, company piping and work on customer premises. Inspects the work performed by contractors on piping and appliances. This is a first level supervisory position responsible for the direction of non-exempt employees.
This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities including work planning and coordination, scheduling, emergency response, execution of fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. Supervises multi-skilled work crews engaged in the execution of processes to maintain and provide customer service within the Eversource Gas Service territory.
2. Essential Functions:
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision-making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas and fostering relationships within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with labor contracts and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action as required.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of operations and service delivery.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employee feedback and seeks to enhance performance and enhance safety.
- Identifies, develops and implements work processes and practice improvements
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans for scheduling of resources, materials requirements, coordinates activities with customers, constituents and company departments for optimal resource utilization.
- Assume on-call supervisory assignments as required.
- Will have storm duty assignments.
- Must pass Operator Qualification tests related to job.
- Thorough knowledge of gas distribution system, production plant operation, metering regulations and gas-fired equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, operating and maintenance practices, procedures, and standards.
- Working knowledge of applicable governmental, legal and regulatory codes affecting natural gas distribution, production and metering and service activities.
- Working knowledge of schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams, working knowledge of accounting and business procedures.
- Ability to operate computers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze gas distribution and production problems, determine solutions and take corrective action.
- Working knowledge of the Company-Union contract.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including ability to effectively provide work direction to assigned personnel according to established work practices, safety standards, and within provisions of applicable Company—Union Agreement and Eversource policies.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in applied sciences or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in field service, utility operations or technical discipline and/or customer service experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
Licenses & Certification:
4. Working Conditions:
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs