National Grid Manager, Call Centre, Customer Contact in Northboro, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Call Center Manager in Northborough, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This critical role provides transformational leadership and manages the service delivery and performance of the Call Center serving MA-E, RI-E and RI-G customers. The Call Center Manager will ensure exceptional customer experience across all channels through continuous improvement of the end-to-end process
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Provides transformational leadership to our Call Center that will guide our team toward more “customer- centric” service
• Drives a culture that delivers high levels of employee engagement and enablement through effective leadership and coaching
• Manages the operations and performance of the Call Center (across multiple channels) with the aim of exceeding customer expectations, while bringing a commercial focus to maximize customer value
• Ensures key customer experience regulatory and performance metrics, including productivity, quality of service ratings and other relevant metrics are met
• Ensures compliance with National Grid policies and procedures
• Initiates, leads and actively participates in the implementation of key customer strategic initiatives and process improvements that will provide a lower cost solution to our customers and transform the customer experience
• Develops plans and champions innovation using pilots and projects, in conjunction with PEX, workforce management, program management and service providers to improve performance and service levels
• Challenges existing processes and continuously seeks ways to do things better by driving activities to achieve high productivity, low costs and efficient work practices
• Manages ongoing relationships with unions and key internal functions
• Translates business objectives into clearly defined plans and schedules
• Executes on Business Continuity and Resilience plans, and manage to resolution emergency situations impacting both customer and employees in an appropriate fashion
• Develops strong internal and external relationships to gain and share best practice insight.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and 7-year leadership experience with 3-year experience at the Supervisor level in an Operations or Call Center role required
• Professional qualification and prior experience leading a Call Center in a performance driven environment
• Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating an operational team in a union-based environment
• Understanding of Continuous Improvement principles
• Experienced leading Performance Hubs
• Good understanding of key business drivers and external commercial environment
• Proven influencing skills, able to influence at senior levels, internally and externally
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.