Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Training in Newtown, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Provides leadership to ensure effective training programs and employee development in the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments (***remove***in the district/division). Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Makes decisions and prioritizes work to ensure the safe and appropriate use of assigned resources.
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements.
- Participates in pre-construction reviews and other activities to ensure the timely and efficient execution of field operations. Coordinates work with other utilities, and other Eversource departments.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves time, expense, materials and other company records in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, operations, maintenance, construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes and/or equivalent military experience. Also requires excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm. Requires leadership and coaching abilities. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Working knowledge of labor contracts preferred.
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related education/experience plus five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, Field Service design , installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and/or equivalent military experience.
Licenses & Certifications: Drivers License, D.O.T. Preferred
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs