Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Training in Newtown, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Leads teams of newly hired overhead-line apprentices that are instructed by fully qualified lineworkers during the first eighteen months of their on-the-job-training.
Provides leadership to ensure effective training programs and apprentice development in the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems.
Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Accountable for the safe execution of daily field activities. Sets safety expectations with employees. Resolves safety issues/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicates safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods, practices, and procedures.
- Makes decisions and prioritizes work to ensure the safe and appropriate use of assigned resources.
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Participates in pre-construction reviews and other activities to ensure the timely and efficient execution of field operations. Coordinates work with other utilities, other Eversource departments, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Ensures work complete within budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves time, expense, materials and other company records in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, operations, maintenance, construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes and/or equivalent military experience. Also requires excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm. Requires leadership and coaching abilities. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Working knowledge of labor contracts preferred.
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or four (4) years of related education/experience plus five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, Field Service design, installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and/or equivalent military experience.
Licenses & Certifications: A Valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required; D.O.T. Preferred.
The work location will be determined based on the selected candidate and business needs.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs