DTE Energy Manager - Work Week Cycle (Online) in Newport, Michigan
Manager - Work Week Cycle (Online)
Newport, MI, US
Company: DTE Electric Company
Job ID: 7916
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Oversees the evaluation, development, and coordination of all station work and areas conducting and supporting project work. Monitors progress of work, identifies problems, and revises work week plans and schedules to ensure safe and efficient execution. Negotiates, influences, and aligns work week scope across the organization. Creates work week plans that drive improvement through the organization. Provides guidance and recommendations to leadership for risk assessment and problem resolution. Span of control: Leads team of individual contributors and/or supervisors.
• Leads work week cycle process and implementation, including development and coordination of all station work and areas/resources conducting and supporting the work week projects
• Assesses the overall risk of conducting work at the station and resolves issues affecting completion of emergent work added during the work week
• Keeps site senior leadership informed of all conditions or situations which could affect the safe and efficient operation of the station
• Oversees personnel and/or activities during outage and online times to meet established milestones and objectives in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Acts as back-up online or outage coordinator as necessary
• Ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for a given group(s) within a business unit: planning, organizing, directing the performance of on-going activities and/or special/ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selections, training, coaching and performance management, time entry), coordinating, reporting and budgeting
• Leads the continuous improvement commitment and efforts for team, including designing processes, establishing quality and quantity standards and metrics, collecting, refining, adapting, and communicating best practices, sharing knowledge, and developing staff in a systematic fashion; uses process design outcomes to solve problems.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a multi-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following three options:
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline and 6 years nuclear power plant experience, inclusive of 3 years supervisory or project management experience; OR
• Associate degree in a scientific or engineering discipline and 8 years nuclear power plant experience, inclusive of 3 years supervisory or project management experience; OR
• High school diploma and 10 years nuclear power plant experience, inclusive of 3 years supervisory or project management experience.
• Currently holds or previously held a Senior Reactor Operator license or Senior Reactor Operator Management Certification
• Experience as a Licensed Reactor Operator with work control experience, maintenance general foreman, or work group supervisor
• Proficient with developing project plans from inception to completion
• Ability to develop and implement strategic business plans with moderate to significant impact
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to deliver information across all levels of the organization on technical or sensitive in nature issues
• Ability to achieve results through others by prioritizing activities, delegating and monitoring the progress of assignments
• Ability to pass all phases of in-processing/onboarding, including background investigation, psychological screening, required training and pass as medically certifiable
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.