ConEdison Tax Accountant in New York, New York
Dec 17, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:Jan 30, 2021
Section:TAX Sales and Use
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Assist in the preparation of journal entries and related supporting work papers.
Assist in the preparation of tax payments.
Preparation of ad hoc analyses.
Reviews and checks the accuracy of work performed by weekly staff for adherence to established format and procedures.
Assist in preparation of rate case schedules in support of rate case testimony under the direction of the Senior Tax Accountant.
Prepares schedules in support of tax returns under the direction of the Senior Tax Accountant.
Support the preparation of tax schedules for the SEC, FERC, PSC and other regulatory filings.
Performs other related tasks as required.
Bachelor's Degree with 2 years of work experience; Or
Associate's Degree with 4 years of work experience
- Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
Required Work Experience
Two year's work experience in the field of accounting including demonstrated experience in one or more of the following disciplines; general accounting and sales and use tax
Proficiency in MS Office
Good oral and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Familiarity with Company systems including Oracle and/or PowerPlant is preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.