ConEdison Section Manager, L&I Talent Management - Recruitment in New York, New York
Section Manager, L&I Talent Management - Recruitment
Jun 3, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Jun 23, 2021
Organization:Learning and Inclusion
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Supervisor, Substation Operations, Maintenance and Construction, Various Locations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6989727-supervisor)
Field Operations Planner, Substations, Maintenance and Construction, Various Locations
Section Manager - Strategic Channel Engagement (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6976289-section-manager)
Multiple - Associate Engineer A (1H), Engineer (2L), Sr. Engineer (2H) - Distribution Engineering System Design
Operating Supervisor, BQ Subsurface Construction (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6961248-operating-supervisor-bq-subsurface-construction)
Senior Specialist - O&R EM&V - Evaluation
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Manage contracts with company vendors providing service for temporary contractor workforce and background checks.
Accountable for compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) agencies of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Chemical Facilities and Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) background checks for sensitive positions and CECONY policies and procedures.
Accountable for compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Chance Act, E- Verify, immigration law, NYS Correctional Law, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations related to employment law.
Coaches and evaluates the performance and values of the staff and plays an active role in the development and implementation of programs to improve organizational performance.
Establish meaningful goals and objectives to attain productivity increases, while monitoring their effects of the level of service provided to our customers and preparation of long-term strategies to continuously improve performance and processes.
Responsible for annual review of policies related to talent acquisition.
Manage the creation of a robust diverse talent pipeline to meet the forecasted hiring needs of customers.
Manage and advance the company's talent acquisition strategy and processes, including developing and managing recruitment branding to attract best in class talent, implementing methods to source qualified, diverse candidates to meet operating needs.
Manage process to collaborate with stakeholders to understand staffing needs and operational objectives to strategize on how to source and build talent pipelines for ''hard to fill'' positions.
Manage process to further develop a utility pipeline through our strategic business partners with Career Technical Education schools by working with the Board of Education and faculty at CUNY and SUNY colleges, and local high schools.
Manage process to further develop our strategic partners to advance, plan, and manage recruiting events to include vocational and technical High Schools, community colleges, military bases, and veteran and disability serving organizations.
Manage partnership with Corporate Affairs and Office of Diversity & Inclusion to align strategic partnership efforts.
Manage plan to expand using Social Media digital platforms to tactically market career opportunities via virtual chats
Evaluate key performance indicators to identify areas for continuous improvement.
Manage the Company's relocation policy.
Manage all aspects of the union and management transfer and hire process, including summer and coop internships, as well as oversight for the Leadership Development Program.
Ensure implementation of company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
Commitment to the Cultural Imperatives of Operational Excellence, Cost Management, creating a Plus 1 Customer Experience, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct, and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Must be able to positively motivate team to achieve organizational and departmental goals.
Perform special projects and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Psychology or a closely related field And with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience of which 6 years must have been in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
- Master's Degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Psychology or a closely related field.
Required Work Experience
At least 8 years of relevant work experience, of which 6 years must have been in a managerial or supervisory capacity (relevant work experience includes Human Resources related activities such as recruitment, talent acquisition, organizational development, and employee relation matters). Required
Knowledge of recruiting and sourcing techniques, federal selection guidelines, and federal, state and city regulations regarding employment practices. Required
Proven leadership skills experience managing cross functional teams and ability to adapt is essential. Required
Must possess analytical and creative problem skills to respond to and manage unexpected changes related to operational requirements to meet forecasted staffing needs. Required
Experience in managing change in multicultural environments. Required
Excellent project management skills to lead and manage strategic solutions to develop qualified and diverse talent pipelines. Required
Identify and prioritize business needs and implement continuous process improvements. Required
Must be extremely well organized, flexible and have the ability able to multi-task. Required
Excellent written, oral communication and proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Required
Demonstrated ability to lead teams, manage competing priorities, multi-task and drive for results to meet deadlines. Req
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Develops and delivers effective presentations
Effective interpersonal skills
Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Promotes information sharing
Instills commitment to organizational goals
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
Assumes personal responsibility for actions
Maintains composure under pressure
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Other: SHRM Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.