ConEdison Multiple Sr Staff Attorney and Senior Attorney- Commercial litigation in New York, New York
Multiple Sr Staff Attorney and Senior Attorney- Commercial litigation
Dec 26, 2018
Posting Expiration Date:Feb 9, 2019
Organization:General - LAW
Section:LAW Commercial Litigation
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Sr Staff Attorney or Sr Attorney, Law - Commercial Transactions
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Represent the Company in state and federal court proceedings and administrative proceedings involving commercial matters.
Analyze complex matters and provide thoughtful, practical and creative solutions.
Highly-motivated, self starter who can produce results under time constraints.
Deposition and trial experience.
Research and write high-quality legal memos, court briefs, and other pleadings using a plain-English, high-impact style. Draft settlement agreements.
Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
Provide any other commercial legal services related to Company operations.
Perform other related tasks and assignments.
- Juris Doctorate J.D. from a recognized Law school.
Required Work Experience
Must be admitted to practice law in New York Req And
Candidate for the Senior Attorney role must have a minimum of 7 years legal experience with a focus on commercial litigation matters. Req Or
Candidates for the Senior Staff Attorney role need at least 5 years of the above mentioned experience. Required
Deposition and trial experience is required. Req And
Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Req And
Organizational leadership or management experience. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.