Con Edison Marketing Analytics Sr. Specialist in New York, New York
Marketing Analytics Sr. Specialist
May 21, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:Aug 9, 2020
Section:CORP AFF Strategy & Planning
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Media Relations Manager, Corporate Communications
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Marketing Analytics Sr. Specialist will be an integral component of the Market Research Team within Con Edison's Marketing Department. This person will work closely with market researchers, brand managers, marketing specialists, website designers and social media managers to collect and analyze data that will be used to craft marketing strategies and assess the impact of marketing activities in market. The ideal candidate will be both detail oriented and skilled at seeing the bigger picture in order to articulate the story behind the numbers. This key role will impact customer targeting, messaging, media selection and creative development. Ultimately the Marketing Analytics Sr. Specialist will influence the organization's marketing strategies which elevate the brand and generate revenue for the company.
Responsible for data analysis and visualization supporting the needs of the Marketing Department. Specifically-
Provide analytics support for paid media, organic and paid social. Track website engagement/clicks. Monitor e-mail open rates and click throughs.
Gather and integrate a wide array of data such as: internal customer data, appended customer data, survey results, and web/e-mail engagement metrics.
Analyze marketing performance data to discover trends and insights that can then be used to optimize marketing strategies, media mix and performance on KPIs.
Collect and analyze customer data regarding customer preferences, demographics, buying habits and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing customer behavior.
Build dashboards that illustrate progress on key success metrics over time and/or compare data sets to tell a story.
Work closely with teams around the organization.
Craft engaging presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, data science, or related field.
Required Work Experience
Previous experience in data analytics or similar role. Preferred
Experience working at advertising agencies or client-side in marketing. Preferred
Experience querying data from Sequel servers. Preferred
Experience tracking website activity via Google Analytics. Preferred
Experience with large data tools e.g. SPSS, Python, R. Preferred
Experience building web-based reports/scorecards/dashboards using software such as Tableau, GoodData, Power BI, Oracle Data Visualizer, Rare Visualization. Preferred
Familiarity with appended data from sources such as Infogroup, Acxiom, Experian. Preferred
Excellent communication skills. Preferred
Strategic thinker. Preferred
Interest in marketing/advertising, the energy industry, sustainability. Preferred
The ideal candidate is both data-driven/analytical and able to clearly communicate what the numbers mean in the context of developing and assessing Marketing campaigns.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.