Con Edison Federal Energy Policy Manager in New York, New York
Federal Energy Policy Manager
Nov 2, 2021
Posting Expiration Date: Dec 31, 2021
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Organization: Energy Policy & Reg Affairs
Department: Energy Markets Policy Group
Section: ENGYPOLRA Engy Mrk Ply Gp
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Multiple Sr Staff Attorney and Senior Attorney- Commercial litigation (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8067645-multiple-sr-staff-attorney-and-senior-attorney-commercial-litigation)
Federal Energy Policy Advisor
Project Specialist - Quality Center of Excellence (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/7939761-project-specialist)
Senior Attorney / Associate Counsel, Law - Office of the Secretary
Associate General Counsel, Law - General Litigation (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/7492324-associate-general-counsel-law-general-litigation)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Energy Markets Policy Group is looking to hire a highly motivated individual to join its team. The Project Manager is responsible for contributing to and advancing the Company's strategic objectives by delivering expert knowledge and thought leadership to inform company leaders on future regulatory, policy, market, and industry trends and collaborating internally and externally to position the company to adapt to these changes and leverage business development opportunities. The Project Manager will be responsible for developing and recommending policy positions to senior management in the interest of the company and our customers, and advocating for those positions by working through regulatory processes and cultivating strong relationships with regulators, stakeholders, and other utilities.
This position is located at the company's corporate headquarters in New York City.
The ideal candidate for this dynamic position must have knowledge of the Northeast competitive energy markets and/or electric transmission planning, and regulated utility business. Knowledge of the wholesale energy sphere, including familiarity with electric and natural gas markets, electric transmission and/or natural gas pipeline operations, utility regulations and rate design, as well as electric bulk power systems, federal reliability and cybersecurity policy, the New York Independent System Operator and general federal energy policy issues, including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission priorities and processes, is required.
The candidate must also be high energy, a critical thinker, understand the vital importance of Commitment to Excellence and possess a high regard for Con Edison's Corporate Values and Mission.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please be sure to clearly and concisely communicate your qualifications and work experience on your electronic application. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the position by specifically addressing each of the core qualifications listed in the job posting.
Monitor and evaluate developments in the Northeast wholesale gas and electric markets and federal energy policy issues to determine their impact on the Company's energy services, the power system, wholesale energy market performance and customers.
Prepare analyses, position papers, comments, and presentations on these issues that will support implementation of policies that promote Company objectives, while taking into account energy and environmental concerns and customer interests/impacts. Inform employees of wholesale energy market and transmission planning issues.
Participate in New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) working groups, natural gas industry stakeholder groups, and, at times, New York Public Service Commission and National Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) working groups to effectively advocate Company positions as well as to identify issues that could affect the company and its customers.
Convene and lead internal interdepartmental teams to develop company positions in response to (or anticipation of) regulatory developments and policy trends, and make recommendations to senior management.
Work with internal organizations to facilitate/implement changes to business and business processes, as appropriate, to address new policy directions and/or wholesale energy market rules. Also guide other employees in the department in these matters.
Develop and maintain good working relationships with NYISO Staff, regulators, stakeholders, and other utilities to support the Company's regulatory objectives and advocacy strategies.
Represent Company at market participant meetings, national association committee meetings and working group meetings to effectively advocate Company positions.
- Bachelor's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. And At least 8 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry
- Master's Degree Degrees in Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Policy, or a related field preferred. And At least 6 years Relevant work experience in the utility or energy industry
Required Work Experience
Knowledge of the Northeast competitive energy markets and regulated utility business. Required
Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and computer skills. Required
Strong analytical skills to conduct technical and financial analyses and prepare energy research reports. Required
Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with various levels of management and representatives of outside organizations. Required
Possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to read and summarize lengthy documents. Required
Experience with wholesale energy markets or knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission priorities and processes is also required. Required
Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required
Must be well-organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Must be able to travel between New York City and Albany on a regular basis. Other travel, including out of state and overnight, may also be required.
May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.