Omaha Public Power District System Engineer (NE City Station) in Nebraska City, Nebraska
The System Engineer supports the safe and reliable operation the District’s electrical generating stations by providing engineering support for the operation and maintenance of North Omaha Station (NOS), the Nebraska City Stations (NCS), and all Peaking Station (PS) units. This is accomplished on a system-by-system basis resulting in high equipment reliability, providing timely and high quality technical on-site support for maintenance, operations and limited scope modification support activities, plant performance analysis, technical review of operating reports and evaluation of system performance. This position also provides expert technical analyses to troubleshoot and resolve identified plant problems and concerns in a timely and effective manner, ensuring excellent material condition of plant systems and equipment. Ensures regulatory compliance through coordination with applicable work groups and optimization of emissions equipment.
- For the System Engineer (NOS), System Engineer (NCS), and System Engineer (PS):
- Implements a system health monitoring program, including identification of critical systems or components required for reliable plant operation, to assist with scheduling and completing preventive maintenance.
- Completes duties as a primary and secondary system engineer in the duties of system health monitoring, and equipment issue resolution. This may include temporary reassignment at a different work location in support of component or system specific problems.
- Complete cross-training programs to ensure adequate engineering support at each generating station for key systems (e.g. Distributed Control Systems, fire protection systems, etc.).
- Coordinate with other BU groups as needed to design and implement minor design changes to the generating stations, including close out activities.
- Support the development of troubleshooting plans with craft supervision and craft for emergent plant problems whose resolution exceeds the skill of the Maintenance or operations craft and provide technical direction during the conduct of troubleshooting.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline related to power generation.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communications, project management and administrative skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to engineers, regulators and senior management.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to plan work, allocate resources, direct activities and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously to effectively optimize resource utilization.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline related to power generation.
- Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination
- Experience at a power generating facility or related field
Generation Plant: Work will be performed inside with exposure to industrial building conditions and will be exposed to extreme temperatures, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation and exposure to sounds. Noise levels may require shouting in order to be heard. Will work around energies high voltage electrical equipment, in construction areas that present many physical hazards, and job sites where Ammonia is utilized.
Occasional Physical Demands:
Lift 50 lbs from floor to waist.
Climbing up and down vertical ladders.
OPPD Core Value:
Vision Leading the way we power the future.
Mission To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
Values We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before January 18, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295588
Location: Nebraska City, NE - NebCityStn
Full/Part Time: Full-Time