MasTec Utility Services Engineering Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Any applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Jo b Purpose
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project. The Engineering Manager is responsible for oversight of engineering work across the project to ensure compliance to safety, quality, schedule, contract and performance requirements. This position is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering utility projects of varying size and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review construction plans and permits for contractual requirements and constructability;
• Ensure that all prerequisites (permitting, construction drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Purchase Orders (POs), etc.) are completed for construction to start;
• Provide notification when prerequisites are complete and work can be assigned for construction;
• Act as advisor to engineering team regarding projects, tasks and operations;
• Manage subcontracted engineering staff; Tracking completion of work assigned for engineering and providing justification for any deviation from schedule;
• Coordinate with Client to verify quantity of work complete and document any deviation from work completed versus values in the BOM;
• Lead weekly status meeting with Client;
• Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements;
• Provide engineering guidance on construction of outside plant fiber optics system;
• Keep current on engineering trends and developments to recommend changes in program or design methods.
• Health and Safety: Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas. Ensure all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Obey safety guidelines at all times
• 10 years engineering experience with at least two year management experience in utility systems or roadway design;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
• Ability to review, understand and contribute to project execution plans and schedules;
• Strong teamwork and communication skills;
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills;
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications;
• Working with in a PMO structure organization;
• Management of subcontractors;
• Good understanding of MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point and Excel).
• MasTec prefers, but does not require, that candidates have experience in the local area;
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 38189