DTE Energy Plant Manager in Nanticoke, Ontario
Nanticoke, ON, US
Company: DTE Energy Services, Inc.
Job ID: 7027
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: Nanticoke, Ontario CANADA
This position is responsible for overseeing, managing and directing the day to day operation and maintenance activities for utility and energy-related assets located within a heavy Industrial complex. Responsible for delivering excellent customer service requiring a high level of independent judgment, initiative and discretion. Work is mainly self-directed towards achieving annual business plans and company priorities. Work results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Ensure that assets are operated in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner while ensuring all contract deliverables are met
• Oversee the daily activities of plant staff, including a unionized hourly workforce
• Manage 3rd party vendors and contractors
• Understand and adhere to all commercial and contractual obligations
• Act as the onsite liaison between the Company and the Integrated Service Provider
• Ensure that all financial goals are met while maintaining a high level of plant reliability
• Provide oversight/direction in the management of all energy conservation initiatives
• Develop and manage annual O&M budget and cost-saving measures
• Manage site purchasing and inventory control processes
• Manage employee administrative related tasks
• Lead/foster a strong organizational culture of safety and engagement
• Prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports in a timely, consistent manner
• Support the development and implementation of all business unit initiatives and best practices
• Develop and maintain a close working relationship with all stakeholders including key customer personnel
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or GED and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the operation, maintenance and administration of powerhouses, utility systems or similar plant assets
• Experience with Steam Distribution, Medium Voltage Switchgear, Pumping Systems and Ancillary Equipment
• Experience supervising unionized labor
• An engineering degree or stationary engineers license
• Must possess the ability to understand and administer complex commercial agreements related to delivering reliable energy services to the customer on a 24 hour per day, 7-day per week basis
• Understanding of the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including the importance of ensuring high availability, reliability and efficiency
• Working knowledge of powerhouse equipment and systems, including but not limited to electrical distribution, heat exchangers, steam distribution, chemical treatment equipment, transformers, motors, pumps, piping/valves, instrumentation, control systems, etc.
• Understanding of energy efficiency practices and energy conservation techniques
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and e-mail management applications
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to develop and manage operating & maintenance budgets
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
• Ability to balance time and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of promoting and maintaining strong, positive relationships with coworkers, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and customers
• Willingness to share expertise and knowledge with other team members for the benefit of the organization
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, taste and smell. Frequently, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to talk and hear and to use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
The employee must occasionally wear a respirator, climb and work from ladders and pass through small openings to inspect equipment.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight and occasionally lift or move objects of up to 40 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee performs job duties in a field office shared by other site personnel and is exposed to loud noise levels.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.