Pike Corporation Truck Driver (APB) - Overhead in Montgomery, Alabama
The truck driver position is an entry-level step to a rewarding career in the construction and maintenance of our nation’s Power Grid. You will assist your team in building, repairing, and maintaining overhead electrical distribution systems.
As a truck driver, you will support your team by:
· Securing the safety of yourself and others
· Assisting fellow line-workers in meeting project objectives
· Readily joining storm restoration efforts in times of need
· Operating vehicles and equipment in a professional manner
· Continuing training to improve technical and leadership skills
· Customer Service Focused
· Ethical and Honest
· Dutifully follows established Safety Rules and Company Policy
The physical demands described here are typical of those that must be met by a team-member to successfully perform the essential functions of their job in powerline construction.
While performing the duties of this job, team-members are regularly required to talk or hear. The team-member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The team-member is frequently required to perform rigorous physical labor; sit; climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.); or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. Team-members frequently lift or move up to or in-excess of 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, team-members may frequently be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Team-members are occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Powerline construction work is performed outside and is subject to diverse weather conditions.
· Possess a Commercial Driver’s License – Class A Preferred.
· Able to read/write and communicate effectively.
· Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
· Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
· Able to lift in-excess of 50 lbs.
· Willing to work over-time when requested.
Functions to be Expected in Overhead Powerline Construction:
· Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance, or repair work of
energized and de-energized overhead work
· Properly inspects rubber goods and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment
· Strings overhead wire
· Sets poles and anchors
· Assists with installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, cross-arms, insulators, switches and switchgear
· Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems
· Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others
· Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order
· Able to perform rigorous physical labor
· Understands proper use of company radio
· Understand basic rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying
· Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools
· Capable of receiving and following directions
· Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work
· Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit
· Must be familiar with induced voltage
· Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single-phase transformer
· Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape
· Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding
· Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces
· Understands minimum approach distance
· Understands excavation and shoring requirements
· Capable of checking voltage on transformers
· Capable of installing and removing a service
· Some experience or in the learning process in climbing different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so
· Understands how and when to use Kellum grips
· Able to identify different types of materials used in line work
· Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather
· Does all other related work as required to complete the job
/Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled///
/VA Approved Apprenticeship Program – GI Bill Benefits Available to Eligible Veterans/
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team-members may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Truck Driver (APB) - Overhead
Requisition ID: 200000M4