Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas Bucket Truck Operator ll in Missouri, Missouri
Bucket Truck Operator ll
Remote – Location May Vary
Right of Way – Full Time
*This position qualifies for the AECC/AECI employee referral program
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future.As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Bucket Truck Operator ll is responsible for operating and maintaining the bucket trucks used for tree-trimming tasks associated with electrical power line right of way (ROW) maintenance, clearing, and re-clearing operations. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
Performs daily inspection and maintenance of chainsaws and safety equipment.
Cuts dangerous trees and has the ability to rope and direct trees away from hazards.
Safely operates bucket truck and aerial trimming equipment to trim trees within right of way.
Clears overhang on single and three phase lines.
Removes dead or danger trees over and around power lines.
Safely removes burning trees out of the power lines.
Removes trees and brush with structures such as houses, buildings, etc. underneath.
Reports to crew foreman regarding work related problems, material or supply needs and equipment.
Notifies supervisor in the event of safety hazards.
*As a condition of employment, this postion requires a post-offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
· High school diploma or GED
· At least 1 year related experience and/or training
· Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potential hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
· Competent in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Able to work in extreme heat or cold
· Able to work in extremely loud areas
· Valid Commercial Driver’s License
· Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
· Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and regularly lift up to 25 pounds
· Must be able to travel to various locations throughout Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary and report to work whenever needed during non-scheduled working periods
· Training specified in 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(1)(i)(E)
· CPR and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
· Certified Arborist
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Paid Time Off
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
Job ID 2019-1740
# of Openings 1
Department Grounds Crew/Equipment Operations
Min Pay Rate USD $16.32/Hr.
Max Pay Rate USD $18.87/Hr.