Xcel Energy Facilities Serviceperson Job in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
*NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Facilities Serviceperson to be located at 414 Nicollet Mall building and will be responsible for the 401/414 Nicollet Mall Campus. The starting rate of pay for this position is $23.31.
Perform minor building maintenance and repairs, furniture and furniture systems, grounds keeping duties, snow removal, some cleaning and sweeping, setting up conference rooms and audio/visual equipment, and changing light bulbs. This position is from 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. May require travel to other sites within the Metro West region. This position will be posted for 10 Working days from July 2, 2021 to July 16, 2021.
1) Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2) Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written form and have computer skills to schedule work via facilities services work order request system.
3) Must have high mechanical aptitude.
4) Must be available for emergency call-out for overtime assignments.
5) Must have a working knowledge of hand tools and small hand-held power tools.
6) Must have valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
7) Must be able to perform work from ladders, scaffolding and in high and confined areas.
8) Must be able to lift 60 pounds safely.
9) Will be required to obtain a forklift certification.
10) Must be able to perform duties such as : changing light bulbs, perform minor building maintenance and repair tasks, moving and repair of furniture and furniture systems, grounds keeping duties, dock operations, delivery duties and cleaning tasks.
11) Must be able to operate a power sweeper, snow blower and lawn maintenance equipment.
12) Must have two (2) years of formal education in commercial building maintenance or equivalent experience.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 06890:Facility Services NSPM || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.31 per hour
Click here (https://jobs.xcelenergy.com/content/Total-Rewards/?locale=en_US) to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 33921
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org