We Energies Operations Supervisor - Electric Operations in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6156BRJob Title:Operations Supervisor - Electric OperationsRequisition Number:6156BRTitle:Operations Supervisor - Electric OperationsLocation(s):WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):We Energies Summary:
We Energies, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Operations Supervisor - Electric Operations in our Milwaukee, WI location.
The Operations Supervisor manages internal resources, external contracted resources and business applications/processes based on the need of the business unit. This includes supervisory tasks in Electric Operations related to construction, design, planning, and scheduling for We Energies electric distribution systems. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the construction or maintenance activities related to the company’s distribution infrastructure within an assigned area. Operations Supervisor ensures that all customer needs are met in a safe, efficient and timely manner through the effective management/utilization of personnel, equipment, and materials.
The Operations Supervisor may be rotated to other work areas/functions within Customer Operations in order to address workload demands, gain valuable experience, and to develop an understanding and appreciation for other parts of the organization.
• Training, coaching, counseling, development and discipline of personnel within their respective business unit.
• Coordinating and communicating across several work groups and responsibility for storm/emergency service restoration activities within the operating service area they are assigned.
• Representing We Energies in contacts with the customer, the general public, municipalities, cities, townships, contractors, and their employees.
• Availability for emergency call-outs and off hour response.
• High school diploma required
• Five to 10 years experience in a distribution/construction operations trade and/or five to 10 years experience in supervision of direct reports
• Good working knowledge of union contracts and employee relationship management
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with employees, contractors, and community groups
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of electric operations
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)