WEC Energy Group IT Team Leader - Power Generation Applications in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6085BRJob Title:IT Team Leader - Power Generation ApplicationsRequisition Number:6085BRTitle:IT Team Leader - Power Generation ApplicationsLocation(s):WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):WEC Business Services Summary:
WEC Business Services, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an IT Team Leader - Power Generation Applications (Team Leader Applications) in our Milwaukee, WI location.
The IT Team Leader - Power Generation Applications is responsible for leading a group of developers and technology specialists that support and enhance a wide variety of information systems and field technologies used within WEC’s Generation, Environmental, and Wholesale Infrastructure and Fuels (WIAF) business units. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to ensuring reliable daily operation of applications and technology used within the supported business units and power plants, the preparation and tracking of work plans, administration of the performance management process, and coaching and development of team members. Responsible for coordinating the work and system activities of the IT Power Generation team with other IT and business groups.
• Lead an IT team that supports business information systems and technology in support of many clients across the business. Ensure reliable daily operations, prepare and track work plans, conduct employee performance management as well as coaching and development of team members.
• Define application and platform strategy with clients consistent with company and department standards; maintain working knowledge of major business processes and make technical recommendations.
• Align team with IT strategies, goals, initiatives and priorities.
• Understand and follow corporate and departmental policies and processes and foster a process-driven IT organization.
• Manage the relationship with internal business clients including request response, issue management, needs assessment, and priority and service level setting in support of a 24x7 operations environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree - Information Systems/Technology, Engineering or related field
• Five years of experience supporting intermediate to complex IT systems
• Experience in all phases of the full cycle development process
• Formal or informal leadership experience
• Demonstrated organizational, personal interaction and planning skills
• Knowledge of utility generation, environmental, and commodity management business applications, field technologies and processes. Examples include Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Data Historians, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), OPC data exchanges, and systems in support of Emissions Controls, Environmental Compliance Reporting, Renewable Energy, Lockout/Tagout and Commodity Trading & Risk Management.
• Knowledge of the .Net application development platform, relational databases, client/server and Web-based architectures
• Experience working with 3rd party software vendor technical support organizations
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)