WEC Energy Group Engineering Major Projects Supervisor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5128BRJob Title:Engineering Major Projects SupervisorRequisition Number:5128BRTitle:Engineering Major Projects SupervisorLocation(s):WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):We Energies Summary:
We Energies, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Engineering Major Projects Supervisor in our Milwaukee, WI location.
The Engineering Major Projects Supervisor manages large Distribution, Transmission, or Substation capital improvement projects.
• Project scoping, permitting, and licensing.
• Ensure accurate completion of construction cost estimates, engineering design, construction management, and job close-out.
• Write and enforce contracts and ensure on-time and on-budget project completions.
• Monitor and evaluate in-house engineering and construction and/or external engineering and construction workforces.
• Apply a wide variety of codes, standards and regulations and coach others on proper use.
• Complete engineering documentation and maintain corporate records.
• Coordinate with professional engineering staff to improve equipment and system reliability, efficiency and performance.
• Conduct research on complex issues to develop innovative approaches.
• Lead large projects in response to evolving industry standards, environmental and regulatory requirements, advanced technology opportunities and/or performance improvement needs.
• Prepare RFP's, review proposals and make recommendations based on advanced knowledge of requirements.
• Coordinate preparation, approval and distribution of standards, specifications and contract language.
• Perform contract administration and construction inspections for complex, multidisciplinary projects. Provide oversight to ensure successful completion of all aspects of large projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years relevant engineering experience
• PE license or the ability to acquire PE license within 1 year of hire
• Maintain and possess valid Drivers License
• Experience in a leadership role in engineering or construction
• Proven project management, planning and organizing, budgeting and business acumen skills
• Problem solving, leadership and decision-making abilities
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated track record of effectively communicating and functioning in diverse environments including those with political, union, environmental and regulatory agendas
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements