NextEra Energy VMWare/VDI/Citrix Engineer in Miami, Florida
Date:Sep 12, 2020
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 44253
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Senior IT Systems Administrator - VDI/Citrix Support Engineer is responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support of the overall VMware Horizon 7.x VDI and Citrix infrastructure environment, in support of 24 X 7 business processes. This Includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the VDI environment. It also includes diagnosing issues related to the underlying hardware platforms.
- Strong experience in supporting a multi-farmVMware Horizon VDIimplementation specifically utilizing theHorizon Enterpriseplatform.
- Experience migrating applications and VDI’s from older VDI deployments to Horizon platform
- Experience withvRops and VRAbeneficial
- Experience with Workspace One and Application publishing beneficial
- Experience supporting and upgradingCitrix 6.5 and 7.xenvironments
- Scripting skills preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and VMware VDI components
- Hands-on Software/Hardware troubleshooting experience
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
- Ability to conduct research into system infrastructure performance issues and products as required
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer-service orientation Job Overview
This position installs, configures, and maintains computing infrastructure, operating systems, and middleware products on all computer platforms, including mainframes, workstations, and servers - including web servers - in support of 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week business processes. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance
• Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
• Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers
• Troubleshoots hardware, system and application issues
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs