NextEra Energy IT Master Architect in Miami, Florida
IT Master Architect
Date:Nov 12, 2020
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
The FPLS Digital Experience Engineering (DEE) team that has responsibility over the digital experience (FPL.com, Gulf.com, FCG.com etc.) is seeking an experienced Master Architect with strong leadership and technology background to help establish our short and long-term vision and strategic direction. This will include the leadership of a high-performing technical team, establishing standards, procedures and protocols that will help us ensure security/cyber compliance, implement tactics to reduce project costs, improve quality of code and move us to prevention and proactive identification of application issues. He/she will oversee a large strategic portfolio of digital initiatives spanning across multiple platforms, teams and business partners. This position is business-facing and requires collaboration with numerous other IT groups. In addition to creating business value, this person will need to support strategic corporate initiatives and succeed in a highly dynamic and challenging, but rewarding environment.
The ability to lead and manage with a degree of ambiguity while supporting both IT and Business Unit goals is a must.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience within a scaled Agile Environment
- Communicate effectively on strategies, status, and outcomes
- Manages risks and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
Hands-on experience with the following Technology Stack:
Cloud (AWS), Java, Dojo/VUE, IBM WebSphere, Micro-services, Docker, Relational Database, NoSQL Database, Python, Node JS, Javascipt, Spring Boot, SAP Job Overview
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Job Role: Managing Professional Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: General Office Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Recruiter: Xavier Miguel Swinton Hiring Manager: Juan Pablo Lopez Referral Bonus: $1,500.00 Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please submit online request using Ask HR4U, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-HR4U (4748). Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs